Ageas Portugal, in the scope of providing its products and services, needs to collect some personal data from its Customers.
On the other hand, the increasingly frequent interaction with users of our websites, applications, products and digital services (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Platforms") also requires, in some cases, the collection of personal information from the user in order to enjoy of services provided by Ageas Portugal, or the collection of data from your device (through files designated by cookies), to improve the performance of said Platforms.
We want our customers to know the general privacy rules and data processing terms we collect, in strict compliance with and compliance with applicable legislation in this area, in particular Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 ("General Regulation on Data Protection").
Ageas Portugal seeks to respect the best practices in terms of security and protection of personal data, promoting actions and improving systems in order to protect the data that are available to us by our Customers.
The use and navigation in our Platforms, the completion of our forms and the provision of data directly or indirectly imply the knowledge and acceptance of the conditions of this Policy and any other specific terms, policies and conditions relating to the contracted services. By making your personal data available, you are authorizing the collection, treatment, use and disclosure of the same in accordance with the rules defined herein.
Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
- Ageas Seguros Portugal - Companhia de Seguros, S.A., headquartered at Rua Gonçalo Sampaio, 39, Apartado 4076, Porto, and with NIPC 503454109;
- Ageas Seguros Portugal - Life Insurance Company, S.A., headquartered at Avenida do Mediterrâneo, no. 1, Parque das Nações, Lisboa, and with NIPC 502220473;
These provide the insurance products and services and for each of these products and services determine the purposes and means of processing the data and are considered for this purpose as entities responsible for the treatment, in accordance with the General Regulation on Data Protection.
What is personal data?
Personal data means any information of any nature and regardless of its support, including sound and image, relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (data subject). Any person who can be identified directly or indirectly, namely by reference to an identification number or to more specific elements of his or her physical, physiological, psychic, economic, cultural or social identity, shall be considered identifiable.
What personal data do we collect?
Ageas Portugal collects and processes the personal data necessary for the provision of its products and services, namely when it subscribes to insurance, uses our Platforms or contacts us. We may also receive your personal data through our mediators who provide services on our behalf, our partners or third parties acting on our behalf.
For more information about sharing your data with other entities, see the section "Under what circumstances is there data communication to other entities?".
In this regard, your personal data may include, in particular, your name, your identification and contact details, in particular cases concerning your health, data related to claims, financial data or information about how you use our Platforms, or how it interacts with us.
Ageas Portugal is particularly concerned with the protection of the rights of minors, so that the collection of personal data of minors under 18 is dependent on the consent of their parents / guardians. To this end, when collecting data on minors, the consent of the parents / guardians of the minors concerned shall be requested.
Categories of personal data we treat
- Your name, identification data and contact details (email address, telephone number and postal address): Some personal data are mandatory, therefore, in case of lack or insufficiency of data, Ageas Portugal can not the product or service concerned. In such cases the Customer or user will be duly informed of the obligation to provide such data. Applicable when you subscribe to an insurance product or create an Account on our sites.
- Data relating to the insured product (such as, policy number, gender, occupation, recreational activities, education data, vehicle data): Some personal data are compulsory and, in case of missing or insufficient data, Ageas Portugal may not make the product or service concerned available. In such cases the Customer or user will be duly informed of the obligation to provide such data. Applicable when signing up for an insurance product.
- Information about your health: Some personal data are mandatory, and in case of lack or insufficiency of data, Ageas Portugal will not be able to make available the product or service in question. In such cases the Customer or user will be duly informed of the obligation to provide such data. Applicable when subscribing to insurance products that require the processing of this data.
- Information on claims: So that we can process the claim.
- Information about other secure persons and beneficiaries: By providing third-party data, you must ensure that you are authorized to transmit your personal data to us, as well as to inform you about how Ageas Portugal treats personal data, pursuant to this Policy. When signing up for insurance products, we treat personal data of insured persons and beneficiaries that have been made available to us by the policyholder.
- Information about your transaction, including financial data: In order for us to process policy payments.
- Information provided as part of a simulation: Applicable when simulating one of our websites.
The communications you exchange with us (for example, your e-mails, letters or phone calls to the Contact Center): Applicable when you contact Ageas Portugal or you are contacted by Ageas Portugal.
Your publications and messages on social networks addressed to Ageas Portugal: Applicable when interacting with us on social networks.
Your opinion about us: Applicable when you participate in our surveys / satisfaction questionnaires.
Information about how you use our Platforms: Applicable when you use our Platforms, pursuant to our Cookies Policy and other Tracking Technologies.
When you file a complaint: In order for us to process your complaint.
Special Categories of Personal Data
By providing our services, we may collect information about your health. Such information is considered as "special categories of data" under the terms of the General Regulation on Data Protection.
We only collect this information in case you have given us your explicit consent. If you do not give us your consent, we may not be able to offer certain products or services and in some cases, as a consequence, we may have to cancel your policy / terminate our relationship with you.
What are the purposes of collecting your personal data?
The personal data of the Ageas Portugal Clients are generally used in the scope of the provision and management of the contracted products and services, as well as to study, improve and adapt the services to the needs and interests of the Client.
The Client may, however, make personal data available for other purposes, such as to receive institutional information from Ageas Portugal, participate in hobbies and market studies, to receive marketing communications (namely, campaigns and promotions about our services products), as well as in the context of sending complaints and suggestions.
In this regard, we use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To perform simulations: The insurance simulations carried out on our websites constitute a pre-contractual procedure for the conclusion of the insurance contract, with the purpose of creating your profile, in order to assess the level of risk associated with the insurance underwriting. This profile is defined on the basis of automated processing (i.e. without human intervention) of your personal data, constituting a decision that may have effects on your legal situation, namely the application of a certain insurance quote. In this sense, Ageas Portugal undertakes to take appropriate measures to safeguard its rights, freedoms and legitimate interests, namely the right to obtain human intervention from Ageas Portugal, express its point of view and contest the decision in question.
- To provide our products and services: We use your aforementioned information to provide our products and services, which includes, for example, policy issuance, insurance management, claims management and policy cancellation.
To communicate and manage our relationship with you: Occasionally, we may contact you by email and / or SMS for administrative or operational reasons, for example, to send you confirmation of your payments, as well as to inform you about the processing of claims. If you are using our mobile application, we can also send you notifications to the application for these purposes.
Because these communications are not made for marketing purposes, you will continue to receive them even if you have opted out of receiving marketing communications.
We will also use your personal data to respond to your requests, suggestions or contacts, to improve our services and your experience as a customer Ageas Portugal.
To inform you about news and offers of interest to you: We may send you marketing communications if you have indicated that you wish to receive them. If you accept receiving marketing communications, we will send you newsletters with news of us, such as new products that you may have interest or offers that you may like. Please note that we do not share your personal information with other companies for marketing purposes unless we have your consent to do so.
If you do not wish to receive further marketing communications from us, simply click subscription subscription nolink at the bottom of any Ageas Portugal marketing communication.
To improve our services and meet our business and administrative goals
Business objectives for which we use your information include accounting, billing and auditing, credit card or other verification, fraud analysis, security, legal and procedural effects, statistical studies, as well as system development and maintenance.
In order to fulfill our legal obligations: In particular, the obligation to provide your personal data to the Insurance and Pension Funds Supervisory Authority - ASF.
How long does your personal data last?
The personal data collected are treated in strict compliance with the applicable legislation and are stored in a specific database created for this purpose.
The length of time during which the data is stored and stored varies according to the purpose for which the information is used. With respect to the data necessary for the provision of the insurance products and services, they will be preserved as long as you maintain your relationship with us, unless by legal requirements we are obliged to keep the data for a longer period of time.
In addition, the data will be stored and retained only for the period required for the purposes for which it was collected, as identified above.
What are the rights of data subjects?
In accordance with the applicable legislation, the data subject has the following rights regarding the processing of his personal data:
- Right of Information: the data subject has the right to receive information on the terms of the processing of his personal data when collecting the data or, if the data is not collected from the data subject himself, within a reasonable period of time after obtaining the data exceptions provided for in the General Regulation on Data Protection.
- Right of Access: the data subject has the right to obtain confirmation that the personal data are processed and, if appropriate, the right of access to his / her personal data, as well as information on the purposes of the treatment, categories of personal data in question, recipients of the data, expected period of conservation, among others.
- Right of Rectification: the holder has the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification or updating of inaccurate personal data concerning him.
- Right to erase the data: the holder has the right to obtain the erasure of his personal data, without undue delay, within the legally established limits.
- Right to Limitation of Treatment: the data subject has the right to obtain a limitation of the treatment, if one of the conditions provided for in the General Regulation on Data Protection applies.
- Data Portability Right: the data owner has the right to receive the personal data that concerns him and which he has provided in a structured, current and automatic reading format.
- Right of Opposition: The data subject has the right at any time to object, on grounds relating to his particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning him, in particular where his data are processed for the purpose of direct marketing.
- The right not to be subject to automated individual decisions: the data subject has the right not to be subject to any decision taken solely on the basis of the automated processing of his personal data, including profiling, that significantly affects it in a similar way.
In view of the foregoing, you may request, at any time, access to personal data concerning you, as well as its rectification, elimination or limitation of your treatment, the portability of your data, or opposing the (except for data strictly necessary for the provision of the service), or upon written request addressed to Ageas Portugal for the address Ageas Building, Av. do Mediterrâneo, 1, Parque das Nações, Apart. 8063, 1801-812 Lisboa or through the contact form of the ageas website.
You can obtain confirmation that personal data concerning you are processed and access to them, and you are provided, if you require a copy of the data subject to treatment by Ageas Portugal.
In accordance with the law, you are also guaranteed the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of the data, whose consent constitutes the basis of legitimacy of the respective treatment. For this purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, which does not, however, invalidate the treatment made up to that date based on the consent previously given.
The customer or user may also, at any time, request the deletion of their personal data, under the terms provided by law.
You also have the right, in accordance with the applicable legislation, to request the limitation of the processing or portability of your data, subject to the conditions legally established. To this end, you must submit an application for the above mentioned contacts.
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, the data subject is entitled to lodge a complaint with the CNPD or other competent control authority in accordance with the law if he considers that his data are not being subject to legitimate treatment by Ageas Portugal, in accordance with the applicable legislation and this Policy.
Users of Ageas Portugal Platforms
Ageas Portugal is aware that the sending of personal information is a major concern for Customers who use the Internet. Thus, on all our websites and applications, personal data collection forms require encrypted sessions of the browser, and all the personal data that is available to us is stored securely in Ageas Portugal systems, on which the best technical and procedural security practices aiming at the protection of your personal data.
Notwithstanding the security measures adopted by Ageas Portugal, we alert all our Clients and users that when accessing the Internet they should take precautions regularly and adopt additional security measures in this area, namely through the use of an updated computer and browser, and to caution the use of shared computers, as well as access to their personal accounts of Client, not sharing with third parties their access data.
For your protection, access to some features available on our Platforms is protected by a password, which should not be transmitted to third parties. For security reasons, we recommend that you store your password and make changes to it on a regular basis.
Under what circumstances is there communication of data to other entities?
Ageas Portugal uses other entities to provide certain services. Eventually this provision of services may imply access by these entities to the personal data of their Customers.
Thus, any subcontracting entity of Ageas Portugal will treat the personal data of our Customers, in the name and on account of Ageas Portugal, in the strict obligation to follow our instructions. Ageas Portugal shall ensure that such subcontracting entities provide sufficient guarantees for the implementation of appropriate technical and organizational measures so that the processing complies with the requirements of applicable law and ensures the security and protection of the rights of data subjects under the terms of the subcontracting agreement concluded subcontracting entities.
Ageas Portugal may also transmit personal data of its Customers to third parties, when it deems such communications as necessary or appropriate (i) in light of applicable law, (ii) in compliance with legal obligations / court orders, or (iii) to respond to requests from public or governmental authorities.
In this sense, Ageas Portugal may transmit its personal data, public authorities and regulators (namely, the Insurance Supervision Authority and Pension Funds).
In any of the above situations, Ageas Portugal undertakes to take all reasonable steps to ensure the effective protection of the personal data it treats.
Under what circumstances may your data be the subject of International Transfers?
The provision of services by Ageas Portugal may involve the transfer of your personal data to third countries (other than those belonging to the European Union or the European Economic Area).
In such cases, Ageas Portugal will implement the necessary and appropriate measures in the light of the applicable law to ensure the protection of personal data subject to such transfer, strictly complying with the legal provisions regarding the requirements applicable to such transfers, namely informing Customers in this regard.
You can contact the Ageas Portugal Data Protection Officer ("DPO") at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information on the handling of your personal data, as well as any questions related to the exercise of the rights attributed to you by the applicable legislation, and especially those referred to in this Policy, you may use the contacts referred to in the above paragraph. rights of data subjects? ".
Last updated: 05-25-2018